YUM+ ORANGE-SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE
"...It's beginning to look a lot like #Christmas, everywhere you go!"
The #holiday season has arrived y'all and tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I wanted to share my last minute "Orange-Spiced Cranberry Sauce" recipe and hopefully y'all can try it.
This awesome sauce will make you happy+cheerful for sure!
This recipe is fresh and made with real ingredients, no preservatives added or needed! One last important note, this recipe is dedicated to my #Foodlover and my kind-hearted followers that are following my #FoodCultureLifestyle Journey. THANK YOU !
Let's head to the kitchen now and start prepping for this easy recipe that will accompany your juicy turkey and this sauce can be added to anything really!
For example: A toasts w/ ricotta, drizzle honey and lemon zest, pancakes toppings, A nice cocktails, and/or for a nice pork chops topping for dinner, and let's not forget it's perfect for "Thanksgiving Leftovers ".
Do you want a dedicated post for LEFTOVER IDEAS? Comment below!
Prep Time : 5 Minutes
Total Time: 25-30 Minutes
Calories: 56 (minus alcohol calories)
Here's what you will need...
(1) Heavy-duty Saucepan
(1) Spatula or Stainless Steel Spoon
(1) Glass FoodSaver
1 1/2 bags of Fresh Cranberries
1/2 of Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 of Lime + (Plus a lime peel)
1/2 cup of Orange Juice
2 Tsp of Vanilla
1 to 2 Cinnamon Sticks
1/2 to 1 Tsp of Himalayan Salt (to balance the bitterness of the cranberries and sugar)
1/3 to 1/4 cup of Orange-Flavored Liquor (Yes, booze baby for the holidays, I used Cointreau).
OPTIONAL : When ready to consume, ADD HONEY .
1. Rinse cranberries with fresh water
2. In a heavy-duty saucepan add all ingredients but the orange flavored liqueur leave this for last.
3. Turn the stove to a medium-high, cook for 10-15 minutes until you hear the cranberries Pop, Pop and Popping. Allow for all the cranberries to to pop and thicken naturally, trust the process.
4. Mix well, then taste test, and NOW add the Orange flavored Liquor for the spike and spice. Cook for 1 minutes and Taste again. In this phase is where we add the OPTIONAL -- HONEY for a final flavor enhancer.
5. Let it cool down, store in a glass container and fridge this awesome orange-spiced cranberry sauce! #YumIsoYum :)